Recently, a member of the Linkedin Drupal group asked why people prefer Drupal as a better CMS then other.
Well, that's an excellent question... Different people have different reasons, but it may be grouped into the following categories:
Marketing People, CEOs and Entreprenurs:
- Drupal can do tomorrow what you didn't dream about today but you must have in the day after tomorrow.
- Quickly implement new marketing idea with minimall IT support.
- Time to market, without sacrificing extendability.
IT Managers / CTOs / Development Managers
- Large community => Lots of support, Many available modules.
- Scalable architecture.
- Resulable code.
- Lots of 3rd party integrations
- Easy to split work: There is a clear separation betwen the theming layer and the other layers.
- Easy outsourcing.
- Availability of a testing framework.
- Availability of content staging support.
- Drupal is more secure, and less prone to hackers.
- Drupal has strong multilingual capabilities.
- Drupal has a very solid architectures, with lots of available modules
- Programming power. Excellent documentation.
- Better payment.
- Community support for major frameworks and latest design trends.
What's your reason for selecting Drupal? Comment below.
Photo credit: Deris Buytaert, http://buytaert.net/album/drupalcon-denver-2012/drupalcon-denver-keynote-2