Is there any Drupal certification program? And how do you know your potential Drupal contractor, or employee, is really skilled and what he claims to do?
Well, some Drupal certification program have been launched, but the real certification is experience. certify
"There are a few certification programs, but nobody seems to be saying they have passed those certifications." (source: certifiedtorock)
Why? The inner reason is that a Drupal developer's experience is far more important then any certification program. Yet how to measure it?
What we should really measure is the developer's social activity at the Drupal community:
- The number of points at his drupal.stackexchange.com profile.
- The number of commits at her drupal.org user profile.
- The number of downloads of the modules he wrote.
- The feedback she got at odesk, elance, or other local freelance work sites.
- His Linkedin references.
- His CertifiedToRock mark. Certifiedtorock uses a special algorithm to summarize some of the developer's activity.
The next step is to give the developer a small task to do, or interview him by phone about it.